Product Pathways - DNA Damage
Rad50 Antibody #3427
Reactivity Key: H=Human Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Rad50 antibody detects endogenous levels of total Rad50 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the amino terminus of human Rad50. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The DNA repair protein Rad50 is a member of the structural maintenance of chromosomes family (SMC) and plays an important role in cell cycle checkpoint signaling and double-strand break repair in response to DNA damage (1-4). Rad50 forms a complex with Mre11 and Nbs1 that becomes activated in response to DNA damage (3). In normal human cells, the MRN complex acts to tether linear DNA molecules, providing a flexible link between DNA ends (1). Genomic instability and cancer have been shown to develop in cells with genetic mutations affecting the proteins in the MRN complex (2).
- de Jager, M. et al. (2001) Mol. Cell 8, 1129-1135.
- Elledge, S.J. (1996) Science 274, 1664-1672.
- Lee, J.H. and Lim, D.S. (2006) FEBS J. 273, 1630-1636.
- Teng, S.C. et al. (2006) J Mol Histol 37, 293-9.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4847 Mre11 (31H4) Rabbit mAb
- 4895 Mre11 Antibody
- 4802 SMC1 Antibody
- 4801 Phospho-SMC1 (Ser957) Antibody
- 4805 Phospho-SMC1 (Ser957) (5D11G5) Mouse mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.