Product Pathways - DNA Damage
Rad50 Antibody #3427
|3427S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3427P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3427||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Rad50 antibody detects endogenous levels of total Rad50 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Lys713 of human Rad50. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The DNA repair protein Rad50 is a member of the structural maintenance of chromosomes family (SMC) and plays an important role in cell cycle checkpoint signaling and double-strand break repair in response to DNA damage (1-4). Rad50 forms a complex with Mre11 and Nbs1 that becomes activated in response to DNA damage (3). In normal human cells, the MRN complex acts to tether linear DNA molecules, providing a flexible link between DNA ends (1). Genomic instability and cancer have been shown to develop in cells with genetic mutations affecting the proteins in the MRN complex (2).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4847 Mre11 (31H4) Rabbit mAb
- 4895 Mre11 Antibody
- 4802 SMC1 Antibody
- 4801 Phospho-SMC1 (Ser957) Antibody
- 4805 Phospho-SMC1 (Ser957) (5D11G5) Mouse mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.