Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
Phospho-NuMA (Ser395) Antibody #3429
Reactivity Key: H=Human Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-NuMA (Ser395) Antibody detects endogenous levels of NuMA protein only when phosphorylated at Ser395.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser395 of human NuMA. Antibodies are purified using protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The nuclear mitotic apparatus protein (NuMA) is a coiled coil protein involved in the formation and maintenance of the mitotic spindle. NuMA plays a role in chromatin organization during interphase, which influences mammary epithelial differentiation (1,2). During apoptosis, carboxy-terminal cleavage of NuMA may amplify signaling in the cell death pathway (2). NuMA is phosphorylated at numerous sites, with phosphorylation at Ser395 occurring in an ATM/ATR-dependent manner in response to DNA damage (3,4).
Phospho-NuMA (Ser395) Antibody is directed at a site that was identified at Cell Signaling Technology (CST) using PhosphoScan®, CST's LC-MS/MS platform for modification site discovery. Phosphorylation at Ser395 was discovered using an ATM/ATR substrate antibody and was shown to be induced by UV treatment. Please visit PhosphoSitePlus®, CST's modification site knowledgebase, at www.phosphosite.org for more information.
- Abad, P.C. et al. (2007) Mol Biol Cell 18, 348-61.
- Lin, H.H. et al. (2007) J Biomed Sci 14, 681-94.
- Stokes, M.P. et al. (2007) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 104, 19855-60.
- Matsuoka, S. et al. (2007) Science 316, 1160-6.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 2851 Phospho-(Ser/Thr) ATM/ATR Substrate Antibody
- 4526 Phospho-ATM (Ser1981) (10H11.E12) Mouse mAb
- 2853 Phospho-ATR (Ser428) Antibody
- 2873 ATM (D2E2) Rabbit mAb
- 2790 ATR Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.