Product Pathways - Protein Stability
RECK (D8C7) Rabbit mAb #3433
|W||H M R Mk||Endogenous||110||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
RECK (D8C7) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total RECK protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ile913 of human RECK protein.
RECK (reversion-inducing cysteine-rich protein with Kazal motif) is a GPI-anchored membrane glycoprotein that negatively regulates members of the matrix metalloproteinase (MMP) family and functions as a suppressor of transformation (1,2). Its function in MMP inhibition makes RECK a crucial factor in the regulation of extracellular matrix formation and stability during development (2-4). RECK has also been linked to the regulation of other extracellar matrix proteases such as ADAM10 and CD13 and functions in modulating target protein endocytosis and Notch signaling (5,6). RECK is widely expressed in normal tissue and decreased expression of RECK due to promoter methylation has been correlated with tumor transformation, angiogenesis and metastasis (1,7-9). Therefore, loss of RECK expression serves as a prognostic hallmark for cancer malignancy (10,11)
- Takahashi, C. et al. (1998) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 95, 13221-6.
- Oh, J. et al. (2001) Cell 107, 789-800.
- Kondo, S. et al. (2007) J Cell Sci 120, 849-57.
- Echizenya, M. et al. (2005) Oncogene 24, 5850-7.
- Miki, T. et al. (2007) J Biol Chem 282, 12341-52.
- Muraguchi, T. et al. (2007) Nat Neurosci 10, 838-45.
- Noda, M. et al. Cancer Metastasis Rev 22, 167-75.
- Long, N.K. et al. (2008) Oral Oncol 44, 1052-8.
- Chang, H.C. et al. (2007) Cancer Sci 98, 169-73.
- Clark, J.C. et al. (2007) Cancer Metastasis Rev 26, 675-83.
- Noda, M. and Takahashi, C. (2007) Cancer Sci 98, 1659-65.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.