Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
Flotillin-2 (C42A3) Rabbit mAb #3436
|3436S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3436||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||49, 58||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Specificity / Sensitivity
Flotillin-2 (C42A3) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total flotillin-2 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Phe157 of human flotillin-2 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using Flotillin-2 (C42A3) Rabbit mAb.
Flotillins belong to a family of lipid raft-associated integral membrane proteins that carry a evolutionarily conserved domain called the prohibitin homology domain (PHB) (1). Flotillin members are ubiquitously expressed and located to non-caveolar microdomains (lipid rafts) on the cell plasma membrane where they support signal transduction and regulate lipid raft motility and localization (2-5). Two flotillin members have been described, flotillin-1 and flotillin-2. In addition to its colocalization with lipid rafts on the plasma membrane, flotillin-1 also has been found at compartments of the endocytic and autophagosomal pathways, such as recycling/late endosomes, the Golgi complex, as well as the nucleus (6,7). Flotillin-2 is mainly localized to the plasma membrane and is prevalent in cell-cell contact sites. However, overexpressed flotillin-2 has also been found in the late endosome (4,8,9). Both flotillin-1 and flotillin-2 are commonly used as lipid raft associated markers.
- Morrow, I.C. and Parton, R.G. (2005) Traffic 6, 725-40.
- Langhorst, M.F. et al. (2005) Cell Mol Life Sci 62, 2228-40.
- Stuermer, C.A. and Plattner, H. (2005) Biochem Soc Symp , 109-18.
- Fernow, I. et al. (2007) Eur J Cell Biol 86, 345-52.
- Neumann-Giesen, C. et al. (2007) J Cell Sci 120, 395-406.
- Liu, J. et al. (2005) J Biol Chem 280, 16125-34.
- Santamaría, A. et al. (2005) Mol Cell Biol 25, 1900-11.
- Solomon, S. et al. (2002) Immunobiology 205, 108-19.
- Neumann-Giesen, C. et al. (2004) Biochem J 378, 509-18.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3244 Flotillin-2 (L294) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
This antibody is developed, validated, and produced by CST using in part technology under license (granting certain rights including those under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063) from Epitomics, Inc.