Product Pathways - Neuroscience
AMPA Receptor (GluR 3) Antibody #3437
|W IP||H M R||Endogenous||100||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
AMPA Receptor (GluR 3) Antibody detects endogenous levels of total GluR 3 protein. The antibody is not predicted to detect other AMPA receptors subunits (e.g. GluR 1, GluR 2 or GluR 4) based on sequence homology of the antigen.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Pro590 of human GluR 3. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
AMPA- (α-amino-3-hydroxy-5-methyl-4-isoxazolepropionic acid), kainite- and NMDA- (N-methyl-D-aspartate) receptors are the three main families of ionotropic glutamate-gated ion channels. AMPA receptors (AMPARs) are comprised of four subunits (GluR 1-4) that assemble as homo- or hetero-tetramers and mediate the majority of fast excitatory transmissions in the CNS. AMPARs are implicated in synapse formation, stabilization and plasticity. Post-transcriptional modifications (alternative splicing and nuclear RNA editing) and post-translational modifications (glycosylation, phoshorylation) result in a very large number of permutations, fine-tuning the kinetic properties of AMPARs (1). GluR 3 knockout mice exhibited normal basal synaptic transmission and long-term depression (LTD) but enhanced long-term potentiation (LTP). In contrast, GluR 2/3 double knockout mice are impaired in basal synaptic transmission (2). Aberrant GluR 3 expression or activity is implicated in a number of diseases, including autoimmune epilepsy, X-linked mental retardation, Rett's syndrome, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and Alzheimer disease (3).
- Palmer, C.L. et al. (2005) Pharmacol Rev 57, 253-77.
- Meng, Y. et al. (2003) Neuron 39, 163-76.
- Rembach, A. et al. (2004) J Neurosci Res 77, 573-82.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4027 Phospho-AMPA Receptor (GluR 2) (Tyr876) Antibody
- 2460 AMPA Receptor (GluR 2/3/4) Antibody
- 3356 Phospho-CaMKII (Tyr231) Antibody
- 4206 Phospho-NMDAR2A (Tyr1246) Antibody
- 3381 Phospho-NMDAR1 (Ser890) Antibody
- 2507 PSD95 Antibody
- 4234 nNOS Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.