Product Pathways - PI3K / Akt Signaling
Phospho-PDK1 (Ser241) (C49H2) Rabbit mAb #3438
|W IP||H M R||Endogenous||58 to 68||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-PDK1 (Ser241) (C49H2) Rabbit mAb detects PDK1 only when phosphorylated at Ser241.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues around Ser241 of human PDK1.
Western blot analysis of extracts from PC3 cells, HCT116 wild-type and HCT116 PDK1 -/- cells using Phospho-PDK1 (Ser241) (C49H2) Rabbit mAb (upper) and Akt (pan) (C67E7) Rabbit mAb #4691 (lower). (HCT116 wild-type and HCT116 PDK1 -/- cells were kindly provided by Dr. Bert Vogelstein, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD).
Phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase 1 (PDK1) plays a central role in many signal transduction pathways (1,2) including the activation of Akt and the PKC isoenzymes p70 S6 kinase and RSK (3). Through its effects on these kinases, PDK1 is involved in the regulation of a wide variety of processes, including cell proliferation, differentiation and apoptosis.
Several serine sites (Ser25, Ser241, Ser393/396 and Ser410) are phosphorylated on PDK1 in unstimulated human embryo kidney 293 cells, as well as IGF-1 stimulated cells (4). Phosphorylation on the activation loop Ser241 by autophosphorylation is necessary for PDK1 activity (4).
- Belham, C. et al. (1999) Curr. Biol. 9, R93-R96.
- Toker, A. and Newton, A.C. (2000) Cell 103, 185-188.
- Williams, M.R. et al. (2000) Curr. Biol. 10, 439-448.
- Casamayor, A. et al. (1999) Biochem J 342 (Pt 2), 287-92.
- Wu, M. et al. (2009) PLoS One 4, e6430. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3062 PDK1 Antibody
- 2965 Phospho-Akt (Thr308) (C31E5E) Rabbit mAb
- 4060 Phospho-Akt (Ser473) (D9E) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 2920 Akt (pan) (40D4) Mouse mAb
- 9916 Phospho-Akt Pathway Antibody Sampler Kit
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.