Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
Chk2 (1C12) Mouse mAb #3440
|W IHC-P IF-IC||H Mk||Endogenous||62||Mouse IgG2b|
Reactivity Key: H=Human Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Chk2 (1C12) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of total Chk2 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with truncated recombinant GST-Chk2.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell types using Chk2 (1C12) Mouse mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma using Chk2 (1C12) Mouse mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma using Chk2 (1C12) Mouse mAb.
Chk2 is the mammalian orthologue of the budding yeast Rad53 and fission yeast Cds1 checkpoint kinases (1-3). The amino-terminal domain of Chk2 contains a series of seven serine or threonine residues (Ser19, Thr26, Ser28, Ser33, Ser35, Ser50, and Thr68) each followed by glutamine (SQ or TQ motif). These are known to be preferred sites for phosphorylation by ATM/ATR kinases (4,5). After DNA damage by ionizing radiation (IR), UV irradiation, or hydroxyurea treatment, Thr68 and other sites in this region become phosphorylated by ATM/ATR (5-7). The SQ/TQ cluster domain, therefore, seems to have a regulatory function. Phosphorylation at Thr68 is a prerequisite for the subsequent activation step, which is attributable to autophosphorylation of Chk2 at residues Thr383 and Thr387 in the activation loop of the kinase domain (8).
- Allen, J.B. et al. (1994) Genes Dev. 8, 2401-2415.
- Weinert, T.A. et al. (1994) Genes Dev. 8, 652-665.
- Murakami, H. and Okayama, H. (1995) Nature 374, 817-819.
- Kastan, M.B. and Lim, D.S. (2000) Nat. Rev. Mol. Cell Biol. 1, 179-186.
- Matsuoka, S. et al. (2000) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 97, 10389-10394.
- Melchionna, R. et al. (2000) Nat. Cell Biol. 2, 762-765.
- Ahn, J.Y. et al. (2000) Cancer Res. 60, 5934-5936.
- Lee, C.H. and Chung, J.H. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 30537-30541.
- Bartucci, M. et al. (2011) Cell Death Differ , . Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2666 Phospho-Chk2 (Ser19) Antibody
- 2665 Phospho-Chk2 (Ser33/35) Antibody
- 2197 Phospho-Chk2 (Thr68) (C13C1) Rabbit mAb
- 2661 Phospho-Chk2 (Thr68) Antibody
- 2669 Phospho-Chk2 (Ser516) Antibody
- 2662 Chk2 Antibody
- 9931 Phospho-Chk1/2 Antibody Sampler Kit
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.