Product Pathways -
GST (26H1) Mouse mAb (Alexa Fluor® 647 Conjugate) #3445
|F||All||Transfected Only||Mouse IgG2a|
Reactivity Key: All=All species expected
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Specificity / Sensitivity
GST (26H1) Mouse mAb (Alexa Fluor® 647 Conjugate) detects transfected glutathione S-transferase (GST) fusion proteins.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a GST fusion protein. This antibody was conjugated to Alexa Fluor® 647 under optimal conditions with an F/P ratio of 2-6. The Alexa Fluor® 647 dye is maximally excited by red light (e.g. 633 nm He-Ne laser). Antibody conjugates of the Alexa Fluor® 647 dye produce bright far-red-fluorescence emission, with a peak at 665 nm.
This Cell Signaling Technology antibody is conjugated to Alexa Fluor® 647 fluorescent dye and tested in-house for direct flow cytometric analysis in cells transfected with GST-tagged protein.
Epitope tags are useful for the labeling and detection of proteins using immunoblotting, immunoprecipitation, and immunostaining techniques. Because of their small size, they are unlikely to affect the tagged protein's biochemical properties.
Glutathione S-transferase (GST) is a widely used fusion partner, since it provides both an easily detectable Tag and a simple purification process with little effect on the biological function of the protein of interest. Numerous vectors containing GST-Tag have been developed for both prokaryotic and eukaryotic systems over the past decade (1-3).
- Guan, K.L. and Dixon, J.E. (1991) Anal Biochem 192, 262-7.
- Davies, A.H. et al. (1993) Biotechnology (N Y) 11, 933-6.
- Yu, J. et al. (1998) Mol Cell Biol 18, 1379-87.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2272 Myc-Tag Antibody
- 2276 Myc-Tag (9B11) Mouse mAb
- 2365 His-Tag Antibody
- 2367 HA-Tag (6E2) Mouse mAb
- 2372 β-Gal (14B7) Mouse mAb
- 2396 MBP (8G1) Mouse mAb
- 2622 GST Antibody
- 2350 HA-Tag (6E2) Mouse mAb (Alexa Fluor® 488 Conjugate)
- 2279 Myc-Tag (9B11) Mouse mAb (Alexa Fluor® 488 Conjugate)
- 2233 Myc-Tag (9B11) Mouse mAb (Alexa Fluor® 647 Conjugate)
- 3368 GST (26H1) Mouse mAb (Alexa Fluor® 488 Conjugate)
- 2985 Rabbit (DA1E) mAb IgG XP® Isotype Control (Alexa Fluor® 647 Conjugate)
The Alexa Fluor® dye antibody conjugates in this product are sold under license from Molecular Probes, Inc., for research use only, except for use in combination with DNA microarrays. The Alexa Fluor® dyes (except for Alexa Fluor® 430 dye) are covered by pending and issued patents.Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc.
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.