Product Pathways - Development
Notch1 (5B5) Rat mAb #3447
|W IP||H M R B||Endogenous||120, 300||Rat IgG2b|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat B=Bovine
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Notch1 (5B5) Rat mAb detects endogenous levels of total Notch1 protein. It recognizes both the full-length (~ 300 kDa) protein and the transmembrane/intracellular region NTM (~120 kDa).
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a fusion protein corresponding to intracellular residues of Notch1.
Notch proteins (Notch1-4) are a family of transmembrane receptors that play important roles in development and the determination of cell fate (1). Mature Notch receptors are processed and assembled as heterodimeric proteins, with each dimer comprised of a large extracellular ligand-binding domain, a single-pass transmembrane domain, and a smaller cytoplasmic subunit (Notch intracellular domain, NICD) (2). Binding of Notch receptors to ligands of the Delta-Serrate-Lag2 (DSL) family triggers heterodimer dissociation, exposing the receptors to proteolytic cleavages; these result in release of the NICD, which translocates to the nucleus and activates transcription of downstream target genes (3-4).
- Artavanis-Tsakonas, S. et al. (1999) Science 284, 770-6.
- Chan, Y.M. and Jan, Y.N. (1998) Cell 94, 423-6.
- Schroeter, E.H. et al. (1998) Nature 393, 382-6.
- Rand, M.D. et al. (2000) Mol Cell Biol 20, 1825-35.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2421 Cleaved Notch1 (Val1744) Antibody
- 3268 Notch1 (C44H11) Rabbit mAb
- 2420 Notch2 (8A1) Rabbit mAb
- 3446 Notch3 (8G5) Rat mAb
- 2889 Notch3 Antibody
- 2423 Notch4 (L5C5) Mouse mAb
- 7077 Anti-rat IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 4147 Cleaved Notch1 (Val1744) (D3B8) Rabbit mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.