Product Pathways - Neuroscience
Phospho-Doublecortin (Ser334) Antibody #3453
|W IP IF-F||H M R||Endogenous||45||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Doublecortin (Ser334) Antibody detects endogenous levels of doublecortin only when phosphorylated at Ser334.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser334 of doublecortin. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from neonatal mouse brain and fetal rat brain using Phospho-Doublecortin (Ser334) Antibody. The phospho-specificity of the antibody was verified by blocking with a phospho- or non-phosphopeptide and by treating the membrane with (+) or without (-) calf intestinal phosphatase (CIP) after western transfer.
Mutations in Doublecortin cause Lissencephaly (smooth brain), a neuronal migration disorder characterized by epilepsy and mental retardation (1). Doublecortin is a microtubule associated protein that stabilizes and bundles microtubules. A conserved doublecortin domain mediates the interaction with microtubules, and interestingly most missense mutations cluster in this domain (2). Kinases JNK, CDK5 and PKA phosphorylate doublecortin. JNK phosphorylates Thr321, Thr331 and Ser334 while PKA phosphorylates Ser47 and CDK5 phosphorylates Ser297 (3-5). Phosphorylation of Ser297 lowers the affinity of doublecortin to microtubules. Furthermore, mutations of Ser297 result in migration defects (5).
Doublecortin phosphorylated at Ser334 is enriched in growth cones and affects neurite outgrowth and neuronal migration (3).
- Gleeson, J.G. et al. (1998) Cell 92, 63-72.
- Reiner, O. et al. (2004) Cell Cycle 3, 747-751.
- Gdalyahu, A. et al. (2004) EMBO J. 23, 823-832.
- Schaar, B.T. et al. (2004) Neuron 41, 203-213.
- Tanaka, T. et al. (2004) Neuron 41, 215-227.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 4604 Doublecortin Antibody
- 4605 Phospho-Doublecortin (Ser297) Antibody
- 4781 Phospho-PKA C (Thr197) Antibody
- 4782 PKA C-α Antibody
- 2506 CDK5 Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.