Product Pathways - Translational Control
eIF4H (D85F2) XP® Rabbit mAb #3469
|3469S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3469P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3469||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||25, 27||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Specificity / Sensitivity
eIF4H (D85F2) XP® Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total eIF4H protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of human eIF4H.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HepG2, HeLa and NBT-II cells using eIF4H (D85F2) XP® Rabbit mAb.
A variety of factors contribute to the initiation of translation. Eukaryotic translation initiation factor 4H (eIF4H) was purified to near homogeneity from rabbit reticulocyte lysate and shown to stimulate translation in an assay deficient in eIF4F and eIF4B (1). eIF4H induces the RNA-dependent ATP hydrolysis catalyzed by the initiation factors eIF4A and eIF4B (1,2). eIF4H was further shown to stimulate the initial rate and extent of eIF4A-mediated mRNA secondary structure unwinding (3). Interaction between eIF4H and the herpes simplex virus shutoff protein (Vhs) appears to be important for Vhs-mediated degradation of mRNA (4). Deletion of a large region of chromosome 7, including the corresponding eIF4H gene, results in Williams-Beuren Syndrome (WBS), an autosomal dominant disorder that can present with cardiovascular problems, mental retardation and distinctive facial features (5).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3411 eIF3A (D51F4) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 2538 eIF3A Antibody
- 2068 eIF3C Antibody
- 3261 eIF3J Antibody
- 3413 eIF3H (D9C1) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 2013 eIF4A (C32B4) Rabbit mAb
- 2425 eIF4A (F52) Antibody
- 2490 eIF4A1 Antibody
- 2067 eIF4E (C46H6) Rabbit mAb
- 9742 eIF4E Antibody
- 9644 4E-BP1 (53H11) Rabbit mAb
- 2858 eIF4GI Antibody
- 2442 HSP27 Antibody (Rodent Preferred)
- 2469 eIF4G (C45A4) Rabbit mAb
- 2617 eIF4G (C65H5) Rabbit mAb
- 2498 eIF4G Antibody
- 2444 eIF4H Antibody
- 2480 eIF5 Antibody
- 4992 PABP1 Antibody
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
XP® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.