Product Pathways - Metabolism
Perilipin (D418) Antibody #3470
|W IHC-P IF-IC||M (H)||Endogenous||62||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Perilipin (D418) Antibody detects endogenous levels of total perilipin protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence around Asp418 of human perilipin. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from NIH/3T3 and differentiated 3T3-L1 cells using Perilipin (D418) Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded 3T3-L1 cells, control (left) or differentiated (right), using Perilipin (D418) Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded mouse brown fat using Perilipin (D418) Antibody in the presence of control peptide (left) or antigen-specific peptide (right).
Triacylglycerol is stored in lipid droplets as a primary energy reserve. Perilipin is localized at the periphery of lipid droplets and serves as a protective coating against lipases (1-3). Evidence suggests that PKA regulates lipolysis by phosphorylating perilipin (1,2,4,5). Phosphorylation of perilipin results in the conformational change that exposes lipid droplets to endogenous lipases, such as hormone-sensitive lipases (2). Hence, perilipin plays a pivotal role in lipid storage (2,5).
- Greenberg, A.S. et al. (1991) J Biol Chem 266, 11341-6.
- Brasaemle, D.L. (2007) J Lipid Res 48, 2547-59.
- Ducharme, N.A. and Bickel, P.E. (2008) Endocrinology 149, 942-9.
- Egan, J.J. et al. (1990) J Biol Chem 265, 18769-75.
- Brasaemle, D.L. et al. (2009) Mol Cell Biochem 326, 15-21.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3467 Perilipin (K117) Antibody
- 2789 Adiponectin (C45B10) Rabbit mAb
- 4107 HSL Antibody
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.