Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
Pan-Keratin (C11) Mouse mAb (Alexa Fluor® 555 Conjugate) #3478
|IF-P IF-IC||H R Mk||Endogenous||Mouse IgG1|
Reactivity Key: H=Human R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Pan-Keratin (C11) Mouse mAb (Alexa Fluor® 555 Conjugate) detects endogenous levels of total keratins 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 13 and 18. The antibody does not cross-react with other keratins.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a cytoskeleton preparation from A-431 cells.
This Cell Signaling Technology antibody is conjugated to Alexa Fluor® 555 fluorescent dye and tested in-house for immunofluroescent analysis in human cells. The antibody is expected to exhibit the same species cross-reactivity as the unconjugated Pan-Keratin (C11) Mouse mAb #4545.
Keratins (cytokeratins) are intermediate filament proteins that are mainly expressed in epithelial cells. Keratin heterodimers composed of an acidic keratin (or type I keratin, keratins 9 to 23) and a basic keratin (or type II keratin, keratins 1 to 8) assemble to form filaments (1,2). Keratin isoforms demonstrate tissue- and differentiation-specific profiles that make them useful as biomarkers (1). Research studies have shown that mutations in keratin genes are associated with skin disorders, liver and pancreatic diseases, and inflammatory intestinal diseases (3-6).
- Moll, R. et al. (1982) Cell 31, 11-24.
- Chang, L. and Goldman, R.D. (2004) Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 5, 601-13.
- Ramaekers, F.C. and Bosman, F.T. (2004) J Pathol 204, 351-4.
- Lane, E.B. and McLean, W.H. (2004) J Pathol 204, 355-66.
- Zatloukal, K. et al. (2004) J Pathol 204, 367-76.
- Owens, D.W. and Lane, E.B. (2004) J Pathol 204, 377-85.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4545 Pan-Keratin (C11) Mouse mAb
- 4523 Pan-Keratin (C11) Mouse mAb (Alexa Fluor® 488 Conjugate)
- 4528 Pan-Keratin (C11) Mouse mAb (Alexa Fluor® 647 Conjugate)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.