Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
Keratin 19 Antibody #3479
|3479S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3479||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Keratin 19 Antibody detects endogenous levels of keratin 19 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids at the carboxy-terminus of human Keratin 19. Antibodies are purified by Protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Keratins (cytokeratins) are intermediate filament proteins that are mainly expressed in epithelial cells. Keratin heterodimers composed of an acidic keratin (or type I keratin, keratins 9 to 23) and a basic keratin (or type II keratin, keratins 1 to 8) assemble to form filaments (1,2). Keratin isoforms demonstrate tissue- and differentiation-specific profiles that make them useful as research biomarkers (1). Research studies have shown that mutations in keratin genes are associated with skin disorders, liver and pancreatic diseases, and inflammatory intestinal diseases (3-6).
Keratin 7 and Keratin 19 have been shown to be present in hepatic and pancreatic progenitor/stem cells (7,8).
- Moll, R. et al. (1982) Cell 31, 11-24.
- Chang, L. and Goldman, R.D. (2004) Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 5, 601-13.
- Ramaekers, F.C. and Bosman, F.T. (2004) J Pathol 204, 351-4.
- Lane, E.B. and McLean, W.H. (2004) J Pathol 204, 355-66.
- Zatloukal, K. et al. (2004) J Pathol 204, 367-76.
- Owens, D.W. and Lane, E.B. (2004) J Pathol 204, 377-85.
- Iyer, A. et al. (2008) Hum. Pathol. 39, 1370-1377.
- Meier, K. et al. (2009) Ann Anat 191, 70-82.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3984 Keratin 17/19 (D32D9) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 4548 Keratin 18 (DC10) Mouse mAb
- 4558 Keratin 19 (BA17) Mouse mAb
- 4546 Keratin 8/18 (C51) Mouse mAb
- 4523 Pan-Keratin (C11) Mouse mAb (Alexa Fluor® 488 Conjugate)
- 4528 Pan-Keratin (C11) Mouse mAb (Alexa Fluor® 647 Conjugate)
- 4545 Pan-Keratin (C11) Mouse mAb
- 3519 Phospho-Keratin 17 (Ser44) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.