Product Pathways - Ca / cAMP / Lipid Signaling
TRPV3 Antibody #3484
|W IP||H M||Endogenous||98||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
TRPV3 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total TRPV3 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Asn101 of human TRPV3. Antibodies are purified by peptide affinity chromatography.
The transient receptor potential cation channel subfamily V member 3 (TRPV3 or VRL3) is a widely expressed ligand-gated ion channel protein that acts in temperature detection between 22º C and 40º C (1). Related transient receptor proteins (TRP) respond to different temperature ranges; TRPA1 responds to cold temperatures and TRPM1 to cool, while warmer temperatures elicit response from TRPV3 and TRPV4. Noxious heat or painful temperatures correlate with TRPM8 and TRPV1 activity (reviewed in 2). TRPV3 is found in association with TRPV1 (VR1) and is thought to modulate activity of this noxious heat-responsive protein (3). Increased TRPV1 and TRPV3 protein expression is correlated with nervous injury, while reduced expression of both may be see in cases of diabetic skin neuropathy (2). Recent evidence implicates TRPV3 in pruritic dermatitis, or itching associated with eczema and related skin disorders (4).
- Xu, H. et al. (2002) Nature 418, 181-6.
- Facer, P. et al. (2007) BMC Neurol 7, 11.
- Smith, G.D. et al. (2002) Nature 418, 186-90.
- Steinhoff, M. and Bíró, T. (2009) J Invest Dermatol 129, 531-5.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4916 STIM1 Antibody
- 4917 STIM2 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.