Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
MSK1 (C27B2) Rabbit mAb #3489
|W IP||H M R Mk||Endogenous||90||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
MSK1 (C27B2) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total MSK1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Asn784 of human MSK1.
MSK1, a mitogen and stress activated protein kinase, is activated by Erk as well as p38 MAPK in response to growth factors and cellular stress, respectively (1). MSK1 resembles RSK because it has two kinase domains connected by a regulatory linker region (2). Phosphorylation of RSK1 at Ser364 and Ser381 is critical for RSK1 activity (3). These sites are analogous to Ser360 and Ser376 of MSK1, which may be important for MSK1 activity as well.
- Deak, M. et al. (1998) EMBO J. 17, 4426-4441.
- Pierrat, B. et al. (1998) J. Biol. Chem. 273, 29661-29671.
- Dalby, K. et al. (1998) J. Biol. Chem. 273, 1496-1505.
- Kawaguchi, M. et al. (2009) Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 296, L804-10. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9595 Phospho-MSK1 (Thr581) Antibody
- 9594 Phospho-MSK1 (Ser360) Antibody
- 9591 Phospho-MSK1 (Ser376) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
Rabbit monoclonal antibody is produced under license (granting certain rights including those under U. S. Patent No. 5,675,063) from Epitomics, Inc.
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.