Product Pathways - Chromatin Regulation / Epigenetics
PHF2 (D45A2) Rabbit mAb #3497
|W IP||H M R Mk||Endogenous||150||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
PHF2 (D45A2) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total PHF2 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the human PHF2 protein.
Plant homeodomain (PHD) finger protein 2 (PHF2) is a putative transcription factor. PHF2 contains a zinc finger-like PHD domain that is distinct from other classes of zinc finger motifs and is often found in proteins that influence chromatin structure (1). It also contains a Jumonji C (JmjC) domain, which may play a role in histone demethylation (2). The PHF2 gene is ubiquitously expressed in adult mouse tissues; however, the majority of PHF2 expression in the mouse embryo occurs in the neural tube and root ganglia (1). PHF2 mutations have been associated with both early- and late-onset breast carcinoma (3).
- Hasenpusch-Theil, K. et al. (1999) Mamm Genome 10, 294-8.
- Klose, R.J. et al. (2006) Nat Rev Genet 7, 715-27.
- Sinha, S. et al. (2008) Mol Cancer 7, 84.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3934 PHF20 (D96F6) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.