Product Pathways - Apoptosis
Bcl-2 (D17C4) Rabbit mAb (Mouse Preferred) #3498
|3498S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3498||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse||Endogenous||26||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
Bcl-2 (D17C4) Rabbit mAb (Mouse Preferred) detects endogenous levels of total Bcl-2 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gly41 of mouse Bcl-2.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using Bcl-2 (D17C4) Rabbit mAb (Mouse Preferred).
Bcl-2 exerts a survival function in response to a wide range of apoptotic stimuli through inhibition of mitochondrial cytochrome c release (1). It has been implicated in modulating mitochondrial calcium homeostasis and proton flux (2). Several phosphorylation sites have been identified within Bcl-2 including Thr56, Ser70, Thr74, and Ser87 (3). It has been suggested that these phosphorylation sites may be targets of the ASK1/MKK7/JNK1 pathway and that phosphorylation of Bcl-2 may be a marker for mitotic events (4,5). Mutation of Bcl-2 at Thr56 or Ser87 inhibits its anti-apoptotic activity during glucocorticoid-induced apoptosis of T lymphocytes (6). Interleukin-3 and JNK-induced Bcl-2 phosphorylation at Ser70 may be required for its enhanced anti-apoptotic functions (7).
- Murphy, K.M. et al. (2000) Cell Death Differ 7, 102-11.
- Zhu, L. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 33267-73.
- Maundrell, K. et al. (1997) J Biol Chem 272, 25238-42.
- Yamamoto, K. et al. (1999) Mol Cell Biol 19, 8469-78.
- Ling, Y.H. et al. (1998) J Biol Chem 273, 18984-91.
- Huang, S.T. and Cidlowski, J.A. (2002) FASEB J 16, 825-32.
- Deng, X. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 23681-8.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2870 Bcl-2 (50E3) Rabbit mAb
- 4223 Bcl-2 (D55G8) Rabbit mAb (Human Specific)
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.