Product Pathways - Translational Control
PDI (C81H6) Rabbit mAb #3501
|W IHC-P IF-IC||H M R Mk||Endogenous||57||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
* Product-specific protocol.
Specificity / Sensitivity
PDI (C81H6) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total PDI protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of human PDI.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell types using PDI (C81H6) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma using PDI (C81H6) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lymphoma using PDI (C81H6) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded mouse spleen using PDI (C81H6) Rabbit mAb.
During their synthesis, secretory proteins translocate into the endoplasmic reticulum (ER) where they are post-translationally modified and properly folded. To reach their native conformation, many secretory proteins require the formation of intra- or inter-molecular disulfide bonds (1). This process is called oxidative protein folding. Protein disulfide isomerase (PDI) catalyzes the formation and isomerization of these disulfide bonds (2). Studies on mechanisms of oxidative folding suggest that molecular oxygen oxidizes the ER-protein Ero1, which in turn oxidizes PDI through disulfide exchange (3). This event is then followed by PDI-catalyzed disulfide bond formation in folding proteins (3).
- Huppa, J.B. and Ploegh, H.L. (1998) Cell 92, 145-148.
- Ellgaard, L. and Ruddock, L.W. (2005) EMBO Rep. 6, 28-32.
- Tu, B.P. and Weissman, J.S. (2004) J. Cell Biol. 164, 341-346.
- Xu, S. et al. (2012) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109, 16348-53. Applications: IF-IC (In Cells) Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2446 PDI Antibody
- 3264 Ero1-Lα Antibody
- 3192 PERK (C33E10) Rabbit mAb
- 3179 Phospho-PERK (Thr980) (16F8) Rabbit mAb
- 2679 Calnexin (C5C9) Rabbit mAb
- 2433 Calnexin Antibody
- 2891 Calreticulin Antibody
- 3177 BiP (C50B12) Rabbit mAb
- 3183 BiP Antibody
- 3294 IRE1α (14C10) Rabbit mAb
- 2886 ERp44 Antibody
- 2887 ERp57 (A484) Antibody
- 2881 ERp57 (G117) Antibody
- 2798 ERp72 Antibody
- 2157 MBTPS2 Antibody
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.