Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
Cortactin Antibody #3502
|W IHC-P||H M R Mk||Endogenous||80, 85||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Cortactin Antibody detects endogenous levels of total cortactin protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the carboxy-terminal residues of human cortactin. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from C6, COS and HeLa cells, untreated or hydrogen peroxide (H2O2)-treated, using Cortactin Antibody.
Cortactin is a cortical actin binding protein. Its amino-terminal acidic domain (NTA) associates with the Arp2/3 and WASP complex at F-actin branches. The central region of the protein contains six repeats of 37 amino acids that are important in F-actin binding and cross-linking. The carboxy-terminus contains a proline-rich region and an SH3 domain that can interact with numerous scaffolding proteins, such as CortBP1 and Shank3 (1,2). Cortactin is involved in signaling events that coordinate actin reorganization during cell movement. The human cortactin homologue EMS1 is overexpressed in numerous cancers with poor patient prognosis (3). Cortactin may also play an important role in the organization of transmembrane receptors at postsynaptic densities (PSD) and tight junctions by linking scaffolding proteins to the actin network (4).Cortactin is phosphorylated at tyrosine residues 421, 466, and 482. Tyrosine phosphorylation of cortactin regulates cell motility (5), rac1-mediated actin dynamics (6), cadherin-dependent adhesion (7), chemokine trafficking and chemokine-dependent chemotaxis (8).
- Du, Y. et al. (1998) Mol Cell Biol 18, 5838-51.
- Naisbitt, S. et al. (1999) Neuron 23, 569-82.
- Rodrigo, J.P. et al. (2000) Clin Cancer Res 6, 3177-82.
- Weed, S.A. and Parsons, J.T. (2001) Oncogene 20, 6418-34.
- Huang, C. et al. (1998) J Biol Chem 273, 25770-6.
- Head, J.A. et al. (2003) Mol Biol Cell 14, 3216-29.
- El Sayegh, T.Y. et al. (2004) J Cell Sci 117, 5117-31.
- Luo, C. et al. (2006) J Biol Chem 281, 30081-93.
- Lua, B.L. and Low, B.C. (2004) Mol Biol Cell 15, 2873-83. Applications: Western Blotting
- Kai, M. et al. (2004) Biol Reprod 70, 1213-21. Applications: IHC-P (paraffin)
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 3503 Cortactin (H222) Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.