Product Pathways - NF-kB Signaling
TBK1/NAK (D1B4) Rabbit mAb #3504
|W IP||H M R Mk||Endogenous||84||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
TBK1/NAK (D1B4) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total TBK1/NAK protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser645 of human TBK1/NAK.
TBK1 (TANK-binding kinase 1)/NAK (NF-κB activating kinase) is an IκB kinase (IKK)-activating kinase and can activate IKK through direct phosphorylation (1). TBK1 was identified through association with the TRAF binding protein, TANK, and found to function upstream of NIK and IKK in the activation of NF-κB (2). TBK1/NAK induces IκB degradation and NF-κB activity through IKKβ. NAK may mediate IKK and NF-κB activation in response to growth factors that stimulate PKCε activity (1). TBK1 plays a pivotal role in the activation of IRF3 in the innate immune response (3).
- Tojima, Y. et al. (2000) Nature 404, 778-82.
- Pomerantz, J.L. and Baltimore, D. (1999) EMBO J 18, 6694-704.
- Fitzgerald, K.A. et al. (2003) Nat Immunol 4, 491-6.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3013 TBK1/NAK Antibody
- 3033 Phospho-NF-κB p65 (Ser536) (93H1) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.