Product Pathways - Translational Control
Asymmetric-Methyl-PABP1 (Arg455/Arg460) (C60A10) Rabbit mAb #3505
|3505S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3505||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||71||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Chicken, Horse.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Methyl-PABP1 (Arg455/Arg460) (C60A10) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of PABP1 only when methylated on Arg455 or Arg460.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of human PABP1 in which Arg455 and Arg460 are methylated.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using Methyl-PABP1 (Arg455/Arg460) (C60A10) Rabbit mAb. As expected, PABP1 methylation is decreased in CARM1 knockout (-/-) mouse embryo fibroblasts (MEFs).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon carcinoma using Methyl-PABP1 (Arg455/Arg460) (C60A10) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma using Methyl-PABP1 (Arg455/Arg/460) (C60A10) Rabbit mAb in the presence of doubly unmethylated PABP1 control peptide (left) or antigen-specific peptide (right).
Poly(A)-binding protein 1 (PABP1) associates with the 3' poly(A) tail of mRNA and also eIF4F (1,2). eIF4F is a complex whose functions include the recognition of the mRNA 5' cap structure (eIF4E), delivery of an RNA helicase to the 5' region (eIF4A), bridging of the mRNA and the ribosome (eIF4G), and circularization of the mRNA via interaction between eIF4G and the poly(A) binding protein (PABP). PABP1 has been shown to have multiple functions including translation initiation, mRNA stabilization, and mRNA turnover (3,4). Phosphorylation of PABP has been shown to enhance RNA binding in eukaryotes, and PABP1 has been shown to shuttle between the nucleus and cytoplasm (5,6). PABP1 is methylated on Arg455 and Arg460 by the CARM1 protein methyltransferase (7,8); however, the function of this methylation has yet to be determined.
- Sachs, A. B. et al. (1986) Cell 45, 827-835.
- Piron, M. et al. (1998) EMBO J. 17, 5811-5821.
- Caponigro, G. and Parker, R. (1995) Genes Dev. 9, 2421-2432.
- Sachs, A.B. and Davis, R.W. (1989) Cell 58, 857-867.
- Le, H. et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275, 17452-17462.
- Afonina, E. et al. (1998) J. Biol. Chem. 273, 13015-13021.
- Lee, J. and Bedford, M.T. (2002) EMBO Rep 3, 268-73.
- Yadav, N. et al. (2003) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100, 6464-8.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4992 PABP1 Antibody
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 2111 Phospho-Mnk1 (Thr197/202) Antibody
- 2441 Phospho-eIF4G (Ser1108) Antibody
- 2498 eIF4G Antibody
- 3591 Phospho-eIF4B (Ser422) Antibody
- 3592 eIF4B Antibody
- 9741 Phospho-eIF4E (Ser209) Antibody
- 9742 eIF4E Antibody
- 2855 Phospho-4E-BP1 (Thr37/46) (236B4) Rabbit mAb
- 9455 Phospho-4E-BP1 (Thr70) Antibody
- 9451 Phospho-4E-BP1 (Ser65) Antibody
- 9644 4E-BP1 (53H11) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
This antibody is developed, validated, and produced by CST using in part technology under license (granting certain rights including those under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063) from Epitomics, Inc.