Product Pathways - Development
Sav1 Antibody #3507
|3507S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3507||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||45||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
Sav1 Antibody detects endogenous level of total Sav1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ala100 of human Sav1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Salvador homolog (SAV1), originally named WW45, was first identified as a 45 kDa protein containing a pair of WW domains and a coiled-coil region (1). SAV1 was subsequently shown to function as a scaffold protein, in a protein complex that includes the kinases MST2 and LATS1, and the transcriptional co-activator YAP (2). This protein complex comprises the core components of the Hippo signaling pathway, which regulates important cellular functions, including contact inhibition and apoptosis, that function to regulate tissue growth and organ size (3,4). A genetic screen in Drosophila identified a role for SAV1 in cell cycle regulation and apoptosis (5), while embryonic mice lacking Sav1 displayed hyperplastic growth and epithelial differentiation effects (6). These findings, together with the observation that SAV1 is mutated a number of human cancer cell lines, suggest that SAV1 functions as a tumor suppressor in the Hippo signaling pathway (5, 7).
- Valverde, P. (2000) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 276, 990-8.
- Oka, T. et al. (2008) J Biol Chem 283, 27534-46.
- Guo, C. et al. (2007) Curr Biol 17, 700-5.
- Zeng, Q. and Hong, W. (2008) Cancer Cell 13, 188-92.
- Tapon, N. et al. (2002) Cell 110, 467-78.
- Lee, J.H. et al. (2008) EMBO J 27, 1231-42.
- Donninger, H. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 18483-91.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 4912 YAP Antibody
- 4911 Phospho-YAP (Ser127) Antibody
- 3863 MOB1 Antibody
- 9153 LATS1 Antibody
- 9157 Phospho-LATS1 (Ser909) Antibody
- 3681 Phospho-Mst1 (Thr183)/Mst2 (Thr180) Antibody
- 3682 Mst1 Antibody
- 3952 Mst2 Antibody
- 3723 Mst3 Antibody
- 4062 Mst3b Antibody
- 3822 Mst4 Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.