Product Pathways - Development
Sav1 Antibody #3507
|W IP||H R Mk||Endogenous||45||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Sav1 Antibody detects endogenous level of total Sav1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ala100 of human Sav1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Sav1 (Salvador homolog 1) was first identified as a 45 kDa protein containing a pair of WW domains and a coiled-coil region. Originally named WW45, Sav1 is ubiquitously expressed in adult tissues but is also present during specific developmental periods. Sav1 acts a scaffold protein in a complex that includes the kinases MST2 and LATS1, and a YAP transcriptional co-activator (3). This group of proteins functions in the newly identified Hippo pathway, which regulates important developmental functions such as cell contact inhibition and organ size. Further evidence suggests a role in tumor suppression and cancer pathogenesis (4,5). The Hippo pathway requires Sav1 for activation of MST1 and the resulting activation of LATS1/2 (6). Embryonic mice lacking Sav1 display hyperplastic growth and epithelial differentiation defects, implying that Sav1 plays a prominent role epithelial cell differentiation (7).
- Valverde, P. (2000) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 276, 990-8.
- Tapon, N. et al. (2002) Cell 110, 467-78.
- Oka, T. et al. (2008) J Biol Chem 283, 27534-46.
- Guo, C. et al. (2007) Curr Biol 17, 700-5.
- Zeng, Q. and Hong, W. (2008) Cancer Cell 13, 188-92.
- Edgar, B.A. (2006) Cell 124, 267-73.
- Lee, J.H. et al. (2008) EMBO J 27, 1231-42.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 4912 YAP Antibody
- 4911 Phospho-YAP (Ser127) Antibody
- 3863 MOB1 Antibody
- 9153 LATS1 Antibody
- 9157 Phospho-LATS1 (Ser909) Antibody
- 3681 Phospho-Mst1 (Thr183)/Mst2 (Thr180) Antibody
- 3682 Mst1 Antibody
- 3952 Mst2 Antibody
- 3723 Mst3 Antibody
- 4062 Mst3b Antibody
- 3822 Mst4 Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.