Product Pathways - Chromatin Regulation / Epigenetics
Brg1 (A52) Antibody #3508
|W IF-IC||H M Mk (R)||Endogenous||220||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Brg1 (A52) Antibody detects endogenous levels of Brg1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids surrounding Ala52 of human Brg1. Antibodies are purified by Protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The modulation of chromatin structure is an essential component in the regulation of transcriptional activation and repression. Modifications can be made by at least two evolutionarily conserved strategies, through the disruption of histone-DNA contacts by ATP-dependent chromatin remodelers, or by histone tail modifications including methylation and acetylation. One of the four classes of ATP-dependent histone remodelers is the SWI/SNF complex, the central catalytic subunit of which is Brg1 or the highly related protein hBRM (1). This SWI/SNF complex contains varying subunits but its association with either Brg1 or hBRM remains constant (1). SWI/SNF complexes have been shown to regulate gene activation, cell growth, the cell cycle and differentiation (1). Brg1/hBRM have been shown to regulate transcription through enhancing transcriptional activation of glucocorticoid receptors (2). Although usually associated with transcriptional activation, Brg1/hBRM have also been found in complexes associated with transcriptional repression including with HDACs, Rb and Tif1β (3-5). Brg1/hBRM plays a vital role in the regulation of gene transcription during early mammalian embryogenesis. In addition, Brg1/hBRM also play a role as a tumor suppressors and Brg1 is mutated in several tumor cell lines (6-8).
- Trotter, K.W. and Archer, T.K. (2008) Nucl Recept Signal 6, e004.
- Trotter, K.W. and Archer, T.K. (2007) Mol Cell Endocrinol 265-266, 162-7.
- Sif, S. et al. (2001) Genes Dev 15, 603-18.
- Zhang, H.S. et al. (2000) Cell 101, 79-89.
- Underhill, C. et al. (2000) J Biol Chem 275, 40463-70.
- Magnani, L. and Cabot, R.A. (2009) Reproduction 137, 23-33.
- Medina, P.P. et al. Epigenetics 3, 64-8.
- Medina, P.P. et al. (2008) Hum Mutat 29, 617-22.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3305 GCN5L2 (C26A10) Rabbit mAb
- 2632 Histone Deacetylase 3 (HDAC3) Antibody
- 4124 TIF1β (C42G12) Rabbit mAb
- 9309 Rb (4H1) Mouse mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.