Product Pathways - Adhesion
Phospho-Connexin 43 (Ser368) Antibody #3511
|W||H M R Hm Mk Dg (Pg)||Endogenous||42, 44, 46||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Hm=Hamster Mk=Monkey Dg=Dog Pg=Pig
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Connexin 43 (Ser368) Antibody detects endogenous levels of connexin 43 only when phosphorylated at serine 368. The antibody does not cross-react with other phosphorylated connexin family members.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser368 of human connexin 43. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Connexin 43 (Cx43) is a member of the large family of gap junction proteins. Connexins assemble as a hexamer and are transported to the plasma membrane to create a hemichannel that can associate with hemichannels on nearby cells to create cell-to-cell channels. Clusters of these channels assemble to make gap junctions. Gap junction communication is important in development and regulation of cell growth. Phosphorylation of Cx43 is important in regulating assembly and function of gap junctions (1,2). Ser368 of Cx43 is phosphorylated by protein kinase C (PKC) after activation by phorbol esters, which decreases cell-to-cell communication (3). Src can interact with and phosphorylate Cx43 to alter gap junction communication (4,5).
- Musil, L. S. et al. (1990) J. Cell. Biol. 111, 2077-2088.
- Musil, L.S. and Goodenough, D.A. (1991) J. Cell. Biol. 115, 1357-1374.
- Lampe, P. D. et al. (2000) J. Cell. Biol. 149, 1503-1512.
- Giepmans, B. N. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 8544-8549.
- Lin, R. et al. (2001) J. Cell. Biol. 154, 815-827.
- Solan, J. L. et al. (2003) Connexin 43 phosphorylation at S368 is acute during S and G2/M and in response to protein kinase C activation. J. Cell Sci. 116 (11), 2203-2211. Applications: IC-IF IP Western Blotting
- Matsushita, S. et al. (2006) J Histochem Cytochem 54, 343-53. Applications: IC-IF Western Blotting
- Ek-Vitorin, J.F. et al. (2006) Circ Res 98, 1498-505. Applications: IF-P (paraffin) Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 3512 Connexin 43 Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.