Product Pathways - Adhesion
Connexin 43 Antibody #3512
|W IHC-P IHC-F IF-F IF-IC||H M R Mk Z (Dg) (Pg)||Endogenous||39, 41, 43, 44||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey Z=Zebrafish Dg=Dog Pg=Pig
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Connexin 43 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total connexin 43. This antibody does not cross-react with other connexins.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues of human connexin 43. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography
Western blot analysis of extracts from untreated and PMA-treated C6, COS, HeLa and C2C12 cells using Connexin 43 Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma using Connexin 43 Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human heart, using Connexin 43 Antibody. (High magnification, inset).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma using Connexin 43 Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded mouse heart using Connexin 43 Antibody in the presence of control peptide (left) or antigen specific peptide (lright).
Immunohistochemical analysis of frozen mouse heart tissue, using Connexin 43 Antibody.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of confluent COS cells using Connexin 43 Antibody (green) and S6 Ribosomal Protein (54D2) Mouse mAb #2317 (red). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
Connexin 43 (Cx43) is a member of the large family of gap junction proteins. Connexins assemble as a hexamer and are transported to the plasma membrane to create a hemichannel that can associate with hemichannels on nearby cells to create cell-to-cell channels. Clusters of these channels assemble to make gap junctions. Gap junction communication is important in development and regulation of cell growth. Phosphorylation of Cx43 is important in regulating assembly and function of gap junctions (1,2). Ser368 of Cx43 is phosphorylated by protein kinase C (PKC) after activation by phorbol esters, which decreases cell-to-cell communication (3). Src can interact with and phosphorylate Cx43 to alter gap junction communication (4,5).
- Musil, L. S. et al. (1990) J. Cell. Biol. 111, 2077-2088.
- Musil, L.S. and Goodenough, D.A. (1991) J. Cell. Biol. 115, 1357-1374.
- Lampe, P. D. et al. (2000) J. Cell. Biol. 149, 1503-1512.
- Giepmans, B. N. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 8544-8549.
- Lin, R. et al. (2001) J. Cell. Biol. 154, 815-827.
- Zhang, Q. et al. (2006) Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 291, R1688-99. Applications: IF-IC (In Cells)
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3511 Phospho-Connexin 43 (Ser368) Antibody
- 9371 Phospho-PKC (pan) (βII Ser660) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.