Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
MLH1 (4C9C7) Mouse mAb #3515
|W IP IF-IC F||H Mk||Endogenous||85||Mouse IgG1|
Reactivity Key: H=Human Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
MLH1 (4C9C7) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of total MLH1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with truncated recombinant MBP-MLH1.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell types using MLH1 (4C9C7) Mouse mAb.
MLH1 was immunoprecipitated from HeLa cell lysates using MLH1 (4C9C7) Mouse mAb. Western blot was performed using the same antibody. Lane 1 is 5% input.
Flow cytometric analysis of IGROV-1 cells (red) and Jurkat cells (blue) using MLH1 (4C9C7) Mouse mAb.
Mismatch repair (MMR), a conserved process that involves correcting errors made during DNA synthesis, is crucial to the maintenance of genomic integrity. MLH1 is the human homologue of the E. coli MMR gene mutL. MMR requires recognition of a base mismatch or insertion/deletion loop by a MutS homolog followed by recruitment of a MutL heterodimeric complex consisting of MLH1 and PMS1 (MutL-γ), PMS2 (MutL-α) or MLH3 (MutL-γ). Other factors required for MMR in eukaryotes are EXO1, PCNA, RFC, RPA, DNA polymerases and DNA ligase (reviewed in 1). Inactivation of the MLH1 gene causes genome instability and predisposition to cancer (2-5). The MLH1 gene is frequently mutated in hereditary nonpolyposis colon cancer (HNPCC) (6). MLH1 also plays a role in meiotic recombination (7).
- Modrich, P. (2006) J Biol Chem 281, 30305-9.
- Seng, T.J. et al. (2008) Br J Cancer 99, 375-82.
- Harley, I. et al. (2008) Gynecol Oncol 109, 384-7.
- Mao, G. et al. (2008) J Biol Chem 283, 3211-6.
- Hubner, R.A. and Houlston, R.S. (2007) J Natl Cancer Inst 99, 1490; author reply 1490-1.
- Vasen, H.F. (2005) Fam Cancer 4, 219-25.
- Argueso, J.L. et al. (2003) Mol Cell Biol 23, 873-86.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2850 MSH2 (3A2) Mouse mAb
- 2017 MSH2 (D24B5) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 2193 RPA70 (C24F2) Rabbit mAb
- 2586 PCNA (PC10) Mouse mAb
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 3996 MSH6 (L990) Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.