Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
Phospho-NPM (Ser4) (D19C1) XP® Rabbit mAb #3520
|W F||H (M) (R) (Mk) (X) (B) (Dg)||Endogenous||38||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey X=Xenopus B=Bovine Dg=Dog
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-NPM (Ser4) (D19C1) XP® Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of NPM only when phosphorylated at Ser4.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues around Ser4 of human NPM. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts of HeLa cells, either untreated or nocodazole-treated, using Phospho-NPM (Ser4) (D19C1) XP® Rabbit mAb (upper). Lower panel shows total NPM using NPM Antibody #3542.
Nucleophosmin (NPM; also known as B23, numatrin or NO38) is an abundant phosphoprotein primarily found in nucleoli. It has been implicated in several distinct cellular functions, including assembly and transport of ribosomes, cytoplasmic/nuclear trafficking, regulation of DNA polymerase α activity, centrosome duplication and molecular chaperoning activities (1,2). The NPM gene is also known for its fusion with the anaplastic lymphoma kinase (ALK) receptor tyrosine kinase. The NPM portion contributes to transformation by providing a dimerization domain, which results in activation of the fused kinase (3,4).
- Okuda, M. et al. (2000) Cell 103, 127-140.
- Takemura, M. et al. (1999) J. Biochem. (Tokyo) 125, 904-909.
- Morris, S.W. et al. (1994) Science 263, 1281-1284.
- Bischof, D. et al. (1997) Mol. Cell. Biol. 17, 2312-2325.
- So, C.H. et al. (2012) J Biol Chem 287, 17088-99. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.