Product Pathways - DNA Damage
Phospho-MDM2 (Ser166) Antibody #3521
|W||H M R||Endogenous||90||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-MDM2 (Ser166) Antibody detects endogenous levels of MDM2 only when phosphorylated at Ser166.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser166 of human MDM2. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from COS cells, untransfected or transfected with Wild-type or mutant (S166S186A) MDM2, using Phospho-MDM2 (Ser166) Antibody.
MDM2, a ubiquitin ligase for p53, plays a central role in regulation of the stability of p53 (1). Akt-mediated phosphorylation of MDM2 at Ser166 and Ser186 increases its interaction with p300, allowing MDM2-mediated ubiquitination and degradation of p53 (2-4). Phosphorylation of MDM2 also blocks its binding to p19ARF, increasing the degradation of p53 (3).
- Haupt, Y. et al. (1997) Nature 387, 296-299.
- Mayo, L.D. and Donner, D.B. (2001) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 98, 11598-11603.
- Zhou, B. P. et al. (2001) Nat. Cell Biol. 3, 973-981.
- Grossman, S. R. et al. (1998) Mol. Cell 2, 405-415.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2521 Phospho-p53 (Ser46) Antibody
- 2524 p53 (1C12) Mouse mAb
- 9281 Phospho-p53 (Ser392) Antibody
- 9282 p53 Antibody
- 9284 Phospho-p53 (Ser15) Antibody
- 9285 Phospho-p53 (Ser6) Antibody
- 9286 Phospho-p53 (Ser15) (16G8) Mouse mAb
- 9287 Phospho-p53 (Ser20) Antibody
- 9288 Phospho-p53 (Ser9) Antibody
- 9289 Phospho-p53 (Ser37) Antibody
- 9919 Phospho-p53 Antibody Sampler Kit
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.