Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
Phospho-PNK1 (Ser114/Thr118) Antibody #3522
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-PNK1 (Ser114/Thr118) Antibody detects endogenous levels of PNK1 only when phosphorylated on Ser114 and Thr118.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues around Ser114 and Thr118 of human PNK1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
PNK (polynucleotide kinase) is a DNA repair enzyme that participates in single strand break repair and non-homologous end rejoining (NHEJ) for double strand breaks. PNK possesses a 5'-DNA kinase activity and a 3'-DNA phosphatase activity (1,2). It has three domains, a C-terminal kinase domain, a central phosphatase domain, and an N-terminal forkhead associated (FHA) domain that is responsible for protein-protein interactions. Reduction in expression of PNK by RNAi sensitizes cells to ionizing radiation and topoisomerase I inhibitors (3)
Phosphorylation of PNK1 at Ser114/ Thr118 was independently identified at Cell Signaling Technology (CST) using PhosphoScan®, CST's MS/MS platform for phosphorylation site discovery. Phosphorylation of PNK1 at Ser114/ Thr118 was observed in extracts of various cell lines following UV treatment. For additional information please visit PhosphoSitePlus®, CST's modification site knowledgebase, at www.phosphosite.org.
- Jilani, A. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 24176-86.
- Dobson, C.J. and Allinson, S.L. (2006) Nucleic Acids Res 34, 2230-7.
- Bernstein, N.K. et al. (2008) Anticancer Agents Med Chem 8, 358-67.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.