Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
Trf1 (BED5) Mouse mAb #3529
|W||H M R Mk||Endogenous||60||Mouse IgG1|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Trf1 (BED5) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of total Trf1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with recombinant human Trf1.
Telomeres, the linear ends of chromosomes, are organized into T-loops to prevent them from being recognized by the cell as DNA double stranded breaks (DSBs) (1). A large number of proteins, including telomeric repeat binding factor proteins Trf1 and Trf2, are bound to the telomeres forming a complex of proteins known as shelterin or the telosome (2). Both Trf1 and Trf2 are known to regulate telomere length, participate in the DNA damage response, and contribute to chromosome stability (3-5).
- Colgin, L. and Reddel, R. (2004) Curr Biol 14, R901-2.
- Xin, H. et al. (2008) Genome Biol 9, 232.
- Benetti, R. et al. (2008) Cell Cycle 7, 3461-8.
- Okamoto, K. et al. (2008) J Biol Chem 283, 23981-8.
- Stagno D'Alcontres, M. et al. (2007) J Cell Biol 179, 855-67.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2645 Trf2 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.