Product Pathways - Lymphocyte Signaling
SDF1 (D32F9) Rabbit mAb #3530
|W IP||H R (M)||Recombinant||9||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
SDF1 (D32F9) Rabbit mAb detects recombinant SDF1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to carboxy-terminal residues of human SDF1.
The stromal cell derived factor 1 (SDF1, CXCL12) is a small, pro-inflammatory chemoattractant cytokine that regulates leukocyte trafficking through interactions with its cognate 7-transmembrane G protein-coupled receptors (1). The SDF1 receptor, CXCR4, also serves as a coreceptor for the entry of human immunodeficiency virus into target cells (2). SDF1 may regulate homing and maintenance of CXCR4-expressing stem or progenitor cells, including embryonic and many somatic stem cells (3,4). Many cancer cells express CXCR4, suggesting that SDF1 plays a role in cancer metastasis (5,6). Alternative splicing and differential processing during maturation produce a pair of SDF1 isoforms (SDF1α and SDF1β) that have different properties and biological activities (7). Additional isoforms of SDF1 have been reported (8,9).
- Maekawa, T. and Ishii, T. (2000) Intern. Med. 39, 90-100.
- Ray, N. and Doms, R.W. (2006) Curr. Top. Microbiol. Immunol. 303, 97-120.
- Sugiyama, T. et al. (2006) Immunity 25, 977-988.
- Ara, T. et al. (2003) Immunity 19, 257-267.
- Kucia, M. et al. (2004) J. Mol. Histol. 35, 233-245.
- Ratajczak, M.Z. et al. (2006) Leukemia 20, 1915-1924.
- De La Luz Sierra, M. et al. (2004) Blood 103, 2452-2459.
- Gleichmann, M. et al. (2000) Eur. J. Neurosci. 12, 1857-1866.
- Yu, L. et al. (2006) Gene 374, 174-179.
- Zhang, R. et al. (2011) PLoS One 6, e23831. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.