Product Pathways - Lymphocyte Signaling
Btk (C82B8) Rabbit mAb #3533
|W||H M||Endogenous||77||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Btk (C82B8) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total Btk. This antibody does not cross-react with other unrelated proteins.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Pro80 of human Btk.
Bruton's tyrosine kinase (Btk) is a member of the Btk/Tec family of cytoplasmic tyrosine kinases. Like other Btk family members, it contains a pleckstrin homology (PH) domain and Src homology SH3 and SH2 domains. Btk plays an important role in B cell development (1,2). Activation of B cells by various ligands is accompanied by Btk membrane translocation mediated by its PH domain binding to phosphatidylinositol-3,4,5-trisphosphate (3-5). The membrane-localized Btk is active and associated with transient phosphorylation of two tyrosine residues, Tyr551 and Tyr223. Tyr551 in the activation loop is transphosphorylated by the Src family tyrosine kinases, leading to autophosphorylation at Tyr223 within the SH3 domain, which is necessary for full activation (6,7). The activation of Btk is negatively regulated by PKCβ through phosphorylation of Btk at Ser180, which results in reduced membrane recruitment, transphosphorylation, and subsequent activation (8). The PKC inhibitory signal is likely to be a key determinant of the B cell receptor signaling threshold to maintain optimal Btk activity (8).
- Khan, W.N. (2001) Immunol. Res. 23, 147-156.
- Lewis, C.M. et al. (2001) Curr. Opin. Immunol. 13, 317-325.
- Salim, K. et al. (1996) EMBO J. 15, 6241-6250.
- Rameh, L.E. et al. (1997) J. Biol. Chem. 272, 22059-22066.
- Varnai, P. et al. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274, 10983-10989.
- Rawlings, D.J. et al. (1996) Science 271, 822-825.
- Park, H. et al. (1996) Immunity 4, 515-525.
- Kang, S.W. et al. (2001) EMBO J. 20, 5692-5702.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3537 Phospho-Btk (Ser180) (3D3) Mouse mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.