Product Pathways - Development
GLI1 (C68H3) Rabbit mAb #3538
|W IP||H||Endogenous||160||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
GLI1 (C68H3) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total GLI1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gly420 of human GLI1.
GLI was first identified as a gene amplified in a malignant glioma (1) capable of transforming primary cells in cooperation with adenovirus E1A (2). GLI belongs to the Kruppel family of zinc finger proteins that includes three mammalian GLI proteins: GLI1, GLI2, and GLI3 (3). These GLI proteins are similar to the Drosophila homolog Cubitus interruptus (Ci) and function as transcription factors activated by the Hedgehog signaling pathway. Hedgehog signaling plays an important role in animal development, and research studies have shown that this pathway is aberrantly activated in many types of cancers (4,5).
- Kinzler, K.W. et al. (1987) Science 236, 70-3.
- Ruppert, J.M. et al. (1991) Mol Cell Biol 11, 1724-8.
- Kinzler, K.W. et al. (1988) Nature 332, 371-4.
- Ingham, P.W. and McMahon, A.P. (2001) Genes Dev 15, 3059-87.
- McMahon, A.P. et al. (2003) Curr Top Dev Biol 53, 1-114.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 2207 Shh (C9C5) Rabbit mAb
- 2287 Shh Antibody
- 2271 Shh/Ihh Antibody
- 2585 GLI2 (R770) Antibody
- 2468 PTCH1 (C53A3) Rabbit mAb
- 2470 PTCH2 (G1191) Antibody
- 2464 PTCH2 (L849) Antibody
- 2520 SUFU (C54G2) Rabbit mAb
- 2522 SUFU (C81H7) Rabbit mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.