Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
NPM Antibody #3542
|W IHC-P||H M R||Endogenous||38||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
NPM Antibody detects endogenous levels of total NPM protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding the amino-terminus of human NPM. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from SW-13, NIH/3T3, Jurkat and PC12 cells, using NPM Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma, showing nuclear localization, using NMP Antibody.
Im munohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon carcinoma, using NPM Antibody in the presence of control peptide (left) or antigen-specific peptide (right).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma, using NPM Antibody.
Nucleophosmin (NPM; also known as B23, numatrin or NO38) is an abundant phosphoprotein primarily found in nucleoli. It has been implicated in several distinct cellular functions, including assembly and transport of ribosomes, cytoplasmic/nuclear trafficking, regulation of DNA polymerase α activity, centrosome duplication and molecular chaperoning activities (1,2). The NPM gene is also known for its fusion with the anaplastic lymphoma kinase (ALK) receptor tyrosine kinase. The NPM portion contributes to transformation by providing a dimerization domain, which results in activation of the fused kinase (3,4).
- Okuda, M. et al. (2000) Cell 103, 127-140.
- Takemura, M. et al. (1999) J. Biochem. (Tokyo) 125, 904-909.
- Morris, S.W. et al. (1994) Science 263, 1281-1284.
- Bischof, D. et al. (1997) Mol. Cell. Biol. 17, 2312-2325.
- Guery, L. et al. (2011) Blood 118, 4694-704. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3541 Phospho-NPM (Thr199) Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.