Product Pathways - Apoptosis
Bit1 Antibody #3543
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Bit1 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total human Bit1 protein. It also detects overexpressed bovine Bit1 and may detect overexpressed levels of mouse and rat Bit1.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues within a central region of Bit1. Antibodies were purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa cells mock transfected or transfected with bovine Bit1, using Bit1 Antibody.
Bit1 is a mitochondrial protein discovered as a regulator of anoikis, a process of apoptosis triggered by the loss of cell adhesion to the extracellular matrix (1,2). Like several other mitochondrial apoptotic regulators (Cytochrome c, Smac, HtrA2, AIF, EndoG), Bit1 is released into the cytoplasm during apoptosis (1,3). Cytoplasmic Bit1 associates with the Groucho family of transcriptional regulator AES (1,4). Interaction between Bit1 and AES promotes apoptosis, and this complex is suppressed by integrin mediated cell attachment.
- Jan, Y. et al. (2004) Cell 116, 751-762.
- Frisch, S.M. and Screaton, R.A. (2001) Curr. Opin. Cell Biol. 13, 555-562.
- Ekert, P.G. and Vaux, D.L. (2005) Curr. Opin. Cell Biol. 17, 626-630.
- Chen, G. and Courey, A.J. (2000) Gene 249, 1-16.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2954 Smac/Diablo Mouse mAb
- 4280 Cytochrome c (136F3) Rabbit mAb
- 2176 HtrA2 Antibody
- 4642 AIF Antibody
- 4934 Acinus Antibody
- 4969 Endonuclease G Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.