Product Pathways - Metabolism
FABP4 (D25B3) XP® Rabbit mAb #3544
|3544S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3544P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3544||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Human.
Specificity / Sensitivity
FABP4 (D25B3) XP® Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total FABP4 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of human FABP4.
Western blot analysis of extracts from NIH/3T3 and differentiated 3T3-L1 cells using FABP4 (D25B3) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Fatty acid binding proteins (FABPs) bind to fatty acids and other lipids to function as cytoplasmic lipid chaperones (1). They participate in the transport of fatty acids and other lipids to various cellular pathways (2). The predominant fatty acid binding protein found in adipocytes is FABP4, also called adipocyte fatty acid binding protein or aP2. FABP4 is also expressed in macrophages (3). FABP4 knockout mice fed a high-fat and high-calorie diet become obese but develop neither insulin resistance nor diabetes, suggesting that this protein might be a link between obesity and insulin resistance and diabetes (4). Mice deficient in both FABP4 and ApoE show protection against atherosclerosis when compared with mice deficient only in ApoE (3). Mice carrying a FABP4 genetic variant exhibit both reduced FABP4 expression and a reduced potential for developing type 2 diabetes and coronary heart disease. A related study in humans indicated a similar pattern, suggesting that FABP4 may be a potential therapeutic target in the treatment of these disorders (1).
- Fei, Z. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 27761-8. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2120 FABP4 Antibody
- 2439 ATGL (30A4) Rabbit mAb
- 3180 Fatty Acid Synthase (C20G5) Rabbit mAb
- 3189 Fatty Acid Synthase Antibody
- 4139 Phospho-HSL (Ser563) Antibody
- 4137 Phospho-HSL (Ser565) Antibody
- 4126 Phospho-HSL (Ser660) Antibody
- 4107 HSL Antibody
- 2430 PPARγ (D69) Antibody
- 2443 PPARγ (81B8) Rabbit mAb
- 2438 SCD1 (M38) Antibody
- 2283 SCD1 (R347) Antibody
- 2400 Synip (C51G6) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
XP® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
BODIPY® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.