Product Pathways - Protein Stability
Arf6 Antibody #3546
|W||H M R Mk||Endogenous||19||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Arf6 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total Arf6 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gly165 of human Arf6 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
ADP-ribosylation factor (Arf) proteins are low molecular weight GTP binding proteins that belong to the Ras GTPase superfamily (1). Arf proteins are grouped into three distinct classes based on amino acid sequence and structural similarity, with Arf6 as the single class III protein to date. Arf6 is localized mainly to the plasma membrane and endosomes (1,2). This small GTPase interacts with PIP5K, PLD and Rac1, proteins important in lipid metabolism and actin regulation. Arf6 function depends upon its cycling between GDP- and GTP-bound states, which is regulated by associated GAP and GEF factors (3,4). Plasma membrane-associated Arf6 appears to play several functions during the many steps of membrane trafficking, including regulating membrane receptor internalization in both clathrin-dependent and independent pathways, endosomal recycling, and proximal actin reorganization and remodeling (5,6).
- Gillingham, A.K. and Munro, S. (2007) Annu Rev Cell Dev Biol 23, 579-611.
- Donaldson, J.G. and Honda, A. (2005) Biochem Soc Trans 33, 639-42.
- Sakagami, H. (2008) Tohoku J Exp Med 214, 191-8.
- Casanova, J.E. (2007) Traffic 8, 1476-85.
- D'Souza-Schorey, C. and Chavrier, P. (2006) Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 7, 347-58.
- Donaldson, J.G. (2003) J Biol Chem 278, 41573-6.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.