Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
Rab5 (C8B1) Rabbit mAb #3547
|W IF-IC||H M R Mk||Endogenous||25||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Rab5 (C8B1) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total Rab5A protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gly190 of human Rab5A protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using Rab5 (C8B1) Rabbit mAb.
Rab5 is a member of the Ras superfamily of small Rab GTPases. Rab5 is localized at the plasma membrane and early endosomes and functions as a key regulator of vesicular trafficking during early endocytosis (1). The conformational change between Rab5 GTP/GDP states is essential for its biological function as a rate limiting regulator at multiple steps during endocytosis (1,2). Rab5 exerts its function by interacting with several Rab5-specific effectors (1-3). These proteins form complexes with Rab5 on a specialized Rab domain of the endosome and promote recycling of Rab5-cargo targets between endosome and the plasma membrane.
- Zerial, M. and McBride, H. (2001) Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 2, 107-17.
- van der Bliek, A.M. (2005) Nat Cell Biol 7, 548-50.
- Haas, A.K. et al. (2005) Nat Cell Biol 7, 887-93.
- Swaminathan, G. and Cartwright, C.A. (2012) Oncogene 31, 376-89. Applications: IF-IC (In Cells)
- Fujita, H. et al. (2013) Eur J Immunol 43, 93-103. Applications: IF-IC (In Cells)
- Pacheco-Quinto, J. and Eckman, E.A. (2013) J Biol Chem , . Applications: IF-IC (In Cells)
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2143 Rab5 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
Rabbit monoclonal antibody is produced under license (granting certain rights including those under U. S. Patent No. 5,675,063) from Epitomics, Inc.
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.