Product Pathways - Phosphatases
PP2C-α (D18C10) XP® Rabbit mAb #3549
|3549S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3549P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3549||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Monkey||Endogenous||43||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry), F=Flow Cytometry
Specificity / Sensitivity
PP2C-α (D18C10) XP® Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total PP2C-α protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser375 of human PP2C-α.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using PP2C-α (D18C10) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma using PP2C-α (D18C10) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon carcinoma using PP2C-α (D18C10) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Flow cytometric analysis of HeLa cells using PP2C-α (D18C10) XP® Rabbit mAb (blue) compared to a nonspecific negative control antibody (red).
The α isoform of protein phosphatase 2C (PP2C-α) is the catalytic subunit of a widely expressed serine/threonine phosphatase involved in regulation of the cell stress response (1,2). Also known as magnesium-dependent protein phosphatase (PPM1A), this monomeric phosphatase is a member of a conserved group of proteins that acts on many different substrates in numerous pathways. PP2C-α inhibits p38 MAPK and SAPK/JNK pathways activated in response to cell stress as seen in both in vivo and in vitro studies. Specifically, PP2C-α removes phosphates from MKK3 and MKK7, reducing activity of both proteins and inhibiting activation of the downstream kinases JNK and p38 MAPK, respectively (3). Another PP2C-α substrate is IKKβ, the critical regulator of NF-κB signaling. Dephosphorylation of IKKβ at Ser177/181 by PPM1A and PPM1B results in inactivation of IKKβ and inhibition of NF-κB signaling (4). PP2C-α is one of the phosphatases responsible for removing phosphate residues from cyclin dependent protein kinases. In a study using HeLa cell extracts, PP2C-α dephospohrylates CDK2 and CDK6, with a preference toward interacting with CDK2 phosphorylated at Thr160, a residue found in the activating T-loop of the kinase. Removal of phosphates from this site is thought to inactivate cyclin-associated kinases (5). PP2C-α induces cell cycle arrest and apoptosis, likely through activation of p53 though other pathways may also contribute to PP2C-α mediated cell death (6). Additional PP2C-α substrates include the Wnt signaling pathway protein axin (7) and CFTR, a chloride channel protein implicated in cystic fibrosis (8).
- Marley, A.E. et al. (1998) FEBS Lett 431, 121-4.
- Stern, A. et al. (2007) J Mol Evol 64, 61-70.
- Takekawa, M. et al. (1998) EMBO J 17, 4744-52.
- Sun, W. et al. (2009) Cell Signal 21, 95-102.
- Cheng, A. et al. (2000) J Biol Chem 275, 34744-9.
- Ofek, P. et al. (2003) J Biol Chem 278, 14299-305.
- Strovel, E.T. et al. (2000) J Biol Chem 275, 2399-403.
- Travis, S.M. et al. (1997) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 94, 11055-60.
- Chida, T. et al. (2013) Biochem J 449, 741-9. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
XP® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.