Product Pathways - Jak/Stat Pathway
PIAS1 (D33A7) XP® Rabbit mAb #3550
|W IF-IC F||H M R Mk||Endogenous||76||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
PIAS1 (D33A7) XP® Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total PIAS1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser550 of human PIAS1.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using PIAS1 (D33A7) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Flow cytometric analysis of HeLa cells using PIAS1 (D33A7) XP® Rabbit mAb (blue) compared to a nonspecific negative control antibody (red).
Confocal imunofluorescent analysis of HeLa cells using PIAS1 (D33A7) XP® Rabbit mAb (green). Actin filaments have been labeled with DY-554 phalloidin (red).
The protein inhibitor of activated Stat (PIAS) proteins, which include PIAS1, PIAS3, PIASx, and PIASy, were originally characterized based on their interaction with the Stat family of transcription factors (1,2). PIAS1, PIAS3, and PIASx interact with and repress Stat1, Stat3, and Stat4, respectively (1-3). Deletion of PIAS1 leads to inhibition of interferon-inducible genes and increased protection against infection (4). The PIAS family contains a conserved RING domain that has been linked to a function as a small ubiquitin-related modifier (SUMO) ligase, coupling the SUMO conjugating enzyme Ubc9 with its substrate proteins (5,6). Numerous studies have now shown that PIAS family members can regulate the activity of transcription factors through distinct mechanisms, including NF-κB (7,8), c-Jun, p53 (5,9), Oct-4 (10), and Smads (11,12). The activity of PIAS1 is regulated by both phosphorylation and arginine methylation. Inflammatory stimuli can induce IKK-mediated phosphorylation of PIAS1 at Ser90, which is required for its activity (13). In addition, PRMT1 induces arginine methylation of PIAS1 at Arg303 following interferon treatment and is associated with its repressive activity on Stat1 (14).
- Liu, B. et al. (1998) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 95, 10626-31.
- Chung, C.D. et al. (1997) Science 278, 1803-5.
- Arora, T. et al. (2003) J Biol Chem 278, 21327-30.
- Liu, B. et al. (2004) Nat Immunol 5, 891-8.
- Schmidt, D. and Müller, S. (2002) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 99, 2872-7.
- Kotaja, N. et al. (2002) Mol Cell Biol 22, 5222-34.
- Liu, B. et al. (2005) Mol Cell Biol 25, 1113-23.
- Tahk, S. et al. (2007) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 104, 11643-8.
- Bischof, O. et al. (2006) Mol Cell 22, 783-94.
- Tolkunova, E. et al. (2007) J Mol Biol 374, 1200-12.
- Long, J. et al. (2004) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 101, 99-104.
- Murdoch, R.N. and Edwards, T. (1992) Biochem Int 28, 1029-37.
- Liu, B. et al. (2007) Cell 129, 903-14.
- Weber, S. et al. (2009) Genes Dev 23, 118-32.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9914 Phospho-Stat Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9939 Stat Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9175 Stat1 (42H3) Rabbit mAb
- 9172 Stat1 Antibody
- 9176 Stat1 (9H2) Mouse mAb
- 9919 Phospho-p53 Antibody Sampler Kit
- 2527 p53 (7F5) Rabbit mAb
- 9282 p53 Antibody
- 2524 p53 (1C12) Mouse mAb
- 4940 SUMO-1 (C9H1) Rabbit mAb
- 4930 SUMO-1 Antibody
- 4971 SUMO-2/3 (18H8) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.