Product Pathways - Adhesion
Zyxin Antibody #3553
|W||H M Mk||Endogenous||78||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Zyxin Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total zyxin protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues in the central region of human zyxin. Antibodies are purified using protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The zyxin family of proteins includes LIMD1, ajuba, trip6 and zyxin, each of which contains three LIM domains at the carboxy-terminus. Zyxin family members associate with the actin cytoskeleton and are components of both the cell-cell junction adhesive complex and the integrin-mediated adhesive complex. They shuttle in and out of the nucleus where they may function in transcriptional activation (1).Zyxin is involved in the regulation of mechanical force-induced actin polymerization at focal adhesions (2), and in regulation of adhesion and migration, possibly through recruitment of Ena/VASP proteins to focal adhesions (3). Zyxin interacts with and may regulate the function of the tumor suppressor myopodin, which inhibits tumor growth and metastasis (4).
- Wang, Y. and Gilmore, T.D. (2003) Biochim Biophys Acta 1593, 115-20.
- Hirata, H. et al. (2008) J Cell Sci 121, 2795-804.
- Hoffman, L.M. et al. (2006) J Cell Biol 172, 771-82.
- Yu, Y.P. and Luo, J.H. (2006) Cancer Res 66, 7414-9.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4897 Ajuba Antibody
- 3389 LPP (8B3A11) Mouse mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.