Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
Phospho-RSK2 (Ser227) (D53A11) Rabbit mAb #3556
|W||H M R Mk||Endogenous||90||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-RSK2 (Ser227) (D53A11) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of RSK2 only when phosphorylated at Ser227. It shows cross-reactivity with RSK1 when phosphorylated at the homologous serine residues.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser227 of human RSK2.
The 90 kDa ribosomal S6 kinases (RSK1-4) are a family of widely expressed Ser/Thr kinases characterized by two nonidentical, functional kinase domains (1) and a carboxy-terminal docking site for extracellular signal-regulated kinases (ERKs) (2). Several sites both within and outside of the RSK kinase domain, including Ser380, Thr359, Ser363, and Thr573, are important for kinase activation (3). RSK1-3 are activated via coordinated phosphorylation by MAPKs, autophosphorylation, and phosphoinositide-3-OH kinase (PI3K) in response to many growth factors, polypeptide hormones, and neurotransmitters (3).
PDK1 phosphorylates Ser227 in the activation loop of the amino-terminal kinase domain of RSK2, leading to substantial activation of the kinase in vitro and in vivo. The constitutively active PDK1 cooperates with ERK in the activation of RSK following the exposure of cells to growth factors or UV-light (4, 5).
- Fisher, T.L. and Blenis, J. (1996) Mol Cell Biol 16, 1212-9.
- Smith, J.A. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 2893-8.
- Dalby, K.N. et al. (1998) J Biol Chem 273, 1496-505.
- Jensen, C.J. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 27168-76.
- Mérienne, K. et al. (2000) Oncogene 19, 4221-9.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9326 p90RSK Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9335 Phospho-p90RSK (Ser380) (9D9) Rabbit mAb
- 9355 RSK1/RSK2/RSK3 (32D7) Rabbit mAb
- 9333 RSK1 Antibody
- 9340 RSK2 Antibody
- 9343 RSK3 Antibody
- 9341 Phospho-p90RSK (Ser380) Antibody
- 9344 Phospho-p90RSK (Thr359/Ser363) Antibody
- 9346 Phospho-p90RSK (Thr573) Antibody
- 9347 RSK1/RSK2/RSK3 Antibody
- 9348 Phospho-RSK3 (Thr356/Ser360) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.