Product Pathways - Metabolism
LDHA/LDHC (C28H7) Rabbit mAb #3558
|W IHC-P||H M R Mk||Endogenous||37||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
LDHA/LDHC (C28H7) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total LDHA and LDHC proteins.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of human LDHA.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell types using LDHA/LDHC (C28H7) Rabbit mAb.
Lactate dehydrogenase (LDH) catalyzes the interconversion of pyruvate and NADH to lactate and NAD+. When the oxygen supply is too low for mitochondrial ATP production, this reaction recycles NADH generated in glycolysis to NAD+, which reenters glycolysis. The major form of LDH found in muscle cells is the A (LDHA) isozyme. The LDHA promoter contains HIF-1α binding sites (1). LDHA expression is induced under hypoxic conditions (2). During intensive and prolonged muscle exercise, lactate accumulates in muscle cells when the supply of oxygen does not meet demand. When oxygen levels return to normal, LDH converts lactate to pyruvate to generate ATP in the mitochondrial electron transport chain.
While LDHA is found primarily in muscle and kidney, LDHC is a testis-specific isoform (3). Both proteins are associated with human disease. Mutations in the corresponding LDHA gene are associated with LDHA deficiency, which is characterized by muscle stiffness following exercise and uterine stiffness during pregnancy (4). Abnormal LDHC expression is associated with several forms of cancer (5).
- Semenza, G.L. et al. (1996) J Biol Chem 271, 32529-37.
- Semenza, G.L. (2007) Biochem J 405, 1-9.
- Takano, T. and Li, S.S. (1989) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 159, 579-83.
- Miyajima, H. et al. (1993) Neurology 43, 1414-9.
- Koslowski, M. et al. (2002) Cancer Res 62, 6750-5.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2012 LDHA Antibody
- 2784 Pyruvate Dehydrogenase Antibody
- 3188 Aldolase A Antibody
- 2118 GAPDH (14C10) Rabbit mAb
- 2804 Hexokinase I Antibody
- 2024 Hexokinase I (C35C4) Rabbit mAb
- 2106 Hexokinase II Antibody
- 2867 Hexokinase II (C64G5) Rabbit mAb
- 3198 PKM2 Antibody
- 3186 PKM1/2 Antibody
- 3190 PKM1/2 (C103A3) Rabbit mAb
- 3106 PKM1/2 (C5E6) Rabbit mAb
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
Rabbit monoclonal antibody is produced under license (granting certain rights including those under U. S. Patent No. 5,675,063) from Epitomics, Inc.
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.