Product Pathways - Lymphocyte Signaling
CD31 (PECAM-1) (158-2B3) Mouse mAb #3568
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
CD31 (PECAM-1) (158-2B3) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of CD31.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing BALB/c mice with stimulated human leucocytes.
CD31 (Platelet Endothelial Cell Adhesion Molecule-1: PECAM-1), a member of the Ig superfamily of cell adhesion molecules, is expressed by circulating platelets, monocytes, neutrophils, some T cells and endothelial cells, and modulates cell adhesion, endothelial cell migration and angiogenesis (1). CD31 is phosphorylated on Tyr686 at the cytoplasmic carboxy-terminal tail upon various stimuli (e.g. mechanical stress or oxidative stress), presumably by Src family members (2). The tyrosine phosphorylation mediates associations with a number of SH2 domain containing binding partners such as PI3-kinase, SHIP, PLCγ and SHP-2. Thus, CD31 serves as a scaffold for various signaling molecules (3).
- Newman, P.J. (1997) J. Clin. Invest. 99, 3-8.
- Cao, M. Y. et al. (1998) J. Biol. Chem. 273, 15765-15772.
- Ilan, N. and Madri, J.A. (2003) Curr. Opin. Cell Biol. 15, 515-524.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9935 Src Antibody Sampler Kit
- 4292 PI3 Kinase p85 Antibody
- 3941 Phospho-SHIP1 (Tyr1020) Antibody
- 2821 Phospho-PLCγ1 (Tyr783) Antibody
- 3565 CD10 (CB-CALLA) Mouse mAb
- 3569 CD34 (ICO115) Mouse mAb
- 3575 CD45 (136-4B5) Mouse mAb
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.