Product Pathways - Lymphocyte Signaling
CD34 (ICO115) Mouse mAb #3569
|IHC-P F||H||Endogenous||110||Mouse IgG1|
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
CD34 (ICO115) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of total CD34 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing BALB/c mice with blast cells of a chronic myeloid leukemia patient.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human capillary hemangioma using CD34 (ICO115) Mouse mAb.
CD34 is a type I transmembrane glycophosphoprotein expressed by hematopoietic stem/progenitor cells, vascular endothelium and some fibroblasts (1). CD34 expression has been the hallmark used to identify hematopoietic stem cells for many years. CD34+ hematopoietic stem cells expand and differentiate into all the lymphohematopoietic lineages upon cytokine or growth factor stimulation and lose CD34 expression upon differentiation. However, recent studies performed in various laboratories conflict with that convention (2). The extracellular domain of CD34 is homologous to CD43, a protein involved in cell-cell adhesion, and CD34 has been shown to function as a negative regulator of cell adhesion (3). CD34 associates with CrkL but not CrkII, is a substrate for PKC, and activation of PKC is coupled with surface expression of CD34 (1,4).
- Felschow, D. M. et al. (2001) Blood 97, 3768-3775.
- Sato, T. et al. (1999) Blood 94, 2548-2554.
- Drew, E. et al. (2005) Immunity 22, 43-57.
- Fackler, M. J. et al. (1992) J. Biol. Chem. 267, 17540-17546.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3181 Phospho-CrkL (Tyr207) Antibody
- 3182 CrkL (32H4) Mouse mAb
- 3491 Phospho-CrkII (Tyr221) Antibody
- 2701 Phospho-Zap-70 (Tyr319)/Syk (Tyr352) Antibody
- 2704 Phospho-Zap-70 (Tyr493)/Syk (Tyr526) Antibody
- 2707 Zap-70 (136F12) Rabbit mAb (Alexa Fluor® 647 Conjugate)
- 2752 Lck Antibody
- 4958 SLP-76 Antibody
- 3565 CD10 (CB-CALLA) Mouse mAb
- 3575 CD45 (136-4B5) Mouse mAb
- 3576 CD56 (NCAM) (123C3) Mouse mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.