Product Pathways - Lymphocyte Signaling
Phospho-CD19 (Tyr531) Antibody #3571
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-CD19 (Tyr531) Antibody detects endogenous levels of CD19 only when phosphorylated at tyrosine 531.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues around Tyr531 of human CD19. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
CD19 is a 95 kDa coreceptor, which amplifies the signaling cascade in B cells (1). On the B cell surface, CD19 associates with CD21, CD81 and Leu-13 to exert its function. The cytoplasmic tail of CD19 has nine conserved tyrosine residues playing critical roles in CD19 mediated function by coupling signaling molecules to the receptor (1). After B cell receptor or CD19 ligation, Tyr531 and Tyr500 of CD19 are progressively phosphorylated. This phosphorylation enables the coupling of PI3 kinase and Src family tyrosine kinase to CD19 and activates the PI3K and Src signaling pathways (2,3). Coligation of B cell receptor and CD19 also promotes Tyr409 phosphorylation in CD19. The phosphorylation at these sites enables its binding to Vav and mediates elevated intracellular calcium response, as well as the JNK pathway (4,5).
- Tedder, T.F. et al. (1997) Immunity 6, 107-18.
- Buhl, A.M. and Cambier, J.C. (1999) J Immunol 162, 4438-46.
- Fujimoto, M. et al. (2000) Immunity 13, 47-57.
- O'Rourke, L.M. et al. (1998) Immunity 8, 635-45.
- Sato, S. et al. (1997) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94, 13158-62.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3574 CD19 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.