Product Pathways - Lymphocyte Signaling
CD45 (136-4B5) Mouse mAb #3575
|IHC-P||H||Endogenous||180 to 240||Mouse IgG1|
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
CD45 (136-4B5) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of total CD45 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing BALB/c mice with stimulated human leukocytes.
The protein phosphatase (PTP) receptor CD45 is a type I transmembrane protein comprised of a pair of intracellular tyrosine phosphatase domains and a variable extracellular domain generated by alternative splicing (1). The catalytic activity of CD45 is a function of the first phosphatase domain (D1) while the second phosphatase domain (D2) may interact with and stabilize the first domain, or recruit/bind substrates (2,3). CD45 interacts directly with antigen receptor complex proteins or activates Src family kinases involved in the regulation of T- and B-cell antigen receptor signaling (1). Specifically, CD45 dephosphorylates Src-family kinases Lck and Fyn at their conserved negative regulatory carboxy-terminal tyrosine residues and upregulates kinase activity. Conversely, studies indicate that CD45 can also inhibit Lck and Fyn by dephosphorylating their positive regulatory autophosphorylation site. CD45 appears to be both a positive and a negative regulator that conducts signals depending on specific stimuli and cell type (1). Human leukocytes including lymphocytes, eosinophils, monocytes, basophils and neutrophils express CD45, while erythrocytes and platelets are negative for CD45 expression (4).
- Huntington, N.D. and Tarlington, D.M. (2004) Immunol. Lett. 94, 167-174.
- Felberg, J. and Johnson, P. (2000) Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 271, 292-298.
- Kashio, N. et al. (1998) J. Biol. Chem. 273, 33856-33863.
- Wang, Y. and Johnson, P. (2005) J. Biol. Chem. 280, 14318-14324.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2701 Phospho-Zap-70 (Tyr319)/Syk (Tyr352) Antibody
- 2704 Phospho-Zap-70 (Tyr493)/Syk (Tyr526) Antibody
- 2707 Zap-70 (136F12) Rabbit mAb (Alexa Fluor® 647 Conjugate)
- 2752 Lck Antibody
- 4958 SLP-76 Antibody
- 3565 CD10 (CB-CALLA) Mouse mAb
- 3569 CD34 (ICO115) Mouse mAb
- 3576 CD56 (NCAM) (123C3) Mouse mAb
- 8125 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Mouse)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.