Product Pathways - Lymphocyte Signaling
CD44 Antibody #3578
|3578S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3578||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
CD44 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total CD44 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide surrounding Leu135 of human CD44. Antibodies are purified by peptide affinity chromatography.
CD44 is a type I transmembrane glycoprotein that mediates cell-cell and cell-matrix interaction through its affinity for hyaluronic acid (HA) and possibly through other parts of the extracellular matrix (ECM). CD44 is highly polymorphic, possesses a number of alternative splice variants and undergoes extensive post-translational modifications (1,2). Increased surface levels of CD44 are characteristic of T cell activation, and expression of the protein is upregulated during the inflammatory response. Research studies have shown that interactions between CD44 and HER2 are linked to an increase in ovarian carcinoma cell growth (1-3). CD44 interacts with ezrin, radixin and moesin (ERM), linking the actin cytoskeleton to the plasma membrane and the ECM (4-6). CD44 is constitutively phosphorylated at Ser325 in resting cells. Activation of PKC results in phosphorylation of Ser291, dephosphorylation of Ser325, disassociation of ezrin from CD44, and directional motility (4).
- Goodison, S. et al. (1999) Mol. Pathol. 52, 189-196.
- Cichy, J. and Puré, E. (2003) J. Cell Biol. 161, 839-843.
- Bourguignon, L.Y. et al. (1997) J. Biol. Chem. 272, 27913-27918.
- Legg, J.W. et al. (2002) Nat. Cell Biol. 4, 399-407.
- Yonemura, S. et al. (1998) J. Cell Biol. 140, 885-895.
- Tsukita, S. et al. (1994) J. Cell Biol. 126, 391-401.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4443 CD3ε (CD3-12) Rat mAb
- 3563 CD4 (Edu-2) Mouse mAb
- 3572 CD8 (RIV11) Mouse mAb
- 3565 CD10 (CB-CALLA) Mouse mAb
- 3569 CD34 (ICO115) Mouse mAb
- 3570 CD44 (156-3C11) Mouse mAb
- 3576 CD56 (NCAM) (123C3) Mouse mAb
- 3141 Phospho-Ezrin (Thr567)/Radixin (Thr564)/Moesin (Thr558) Antibody
- 3142 Ezrin/Radixin/Moesin Antibody
- 9921 Phospho-PKC Antibody Sampler Kit
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.