Product Pathways - Development
Sox2 (D6D9) XP® Rabbit mAb #3579
|W IHC-P IF-IC F||H (Mk) (B) (Dg) (Hr)||Endogenous||35||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human Mk=Monkey B=Bovine Dg=Dog Hr=Horse
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Sox2 (D6D9) XP® Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of Sox2 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids surrounding Gly179 of human Sox2.
Western blot analysis of extracts from NTERA2 and NCCIT cells using Sox2 (D6D9) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human squamous cell carcinoma of the esophagus using Sox2 (D6D9) XP (TM) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical anaylsis of paraffin-embedded NTERA2 cells (positive) (left) and HeLa cells (negative) (right) using Sox2 (D6D9) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Flow cytometric analysis of HeLa cells (blue) and NTERA2 cells (green) using Sox2 (D6D9) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Embryonic stem cells are derived from the inner cell mass of the blastocyst and are unique in their pluripotent capacity and potential for self-renewal. Sox2 is one of a set of transcription factors that are crucial for the maintenance of pluripotency (1). Sox2, Oct-4, and Nanog cooperate in this network (1-3), and siRNA knockdown of either Sox2 or Oct-4 results in loss of pluripotency (4,5). Chromatin immunoprecipitation experiments have shown that Sox2 and Oct-4 bind to thousands of gene regulatory sites, highlighting the importance of these transcription factors in early embryonic development (6,7). It has recently been shown that Sox2 is amplified in lung and esophageal squamous cell tumors (8).
- Nichols, J. et al. (1998) Cell 95, 379-391.
- Avilion, A.A. et al. (2003) Genes Dev. 17, 126-140.
- Rodda, D.J. et al. (2005) J. Biol. Chem. 280, 24731-24737.
- Matin, M.M. et al. (2004) Stem Cells 22, 659-668.
- Niwa, H. et al. (2000) Nat. Genet. 24, 372-376.
- Boyer, L.A. et al. (2005) Cell 122, 947-956.
- Loh, Y.H. et al. (2006) Nat. Genet. 38, 431-440.
- Bass, A.J. et al. (2009) Nat Genet 41, 1238-42.
- Kregel, S. et al. (2013) PLoS One 8, e53701. Applications: IHC-P (paraffin) Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 5024 Sox2 (D6D9) XP® Rabbit mAb (ChIP Formulated)
- 2748 Sox2 Antibody
- 3978 LIN28A (A177) Antibody
- 3580 Nanog Antibody
- 2840 Oct-4A (C30A3) Rabbit mAb
- 2750 Oct-4 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.